Trainee Engineering Yachting
Eekels Technology has been internationally active for over 110 years in the Marine & Offshore and Industry & Infra market segments. Eekels carries out projects and maintenance & service work in the disciplines of technical automation, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering. In total, Eekels realizes a turnover of more than 110 million euros with around 800 employees. In the Netherlands, Eekels has branches in Kolham (headquarters), Zaandam, Emmen, Gorinchem, Delfzijl and Joure. In addition, Eekels also has branches in Kleve (Germany) and Galati (Romania) and representative offices in China and Vietnam. Eekels is a company within the TBI group, a successful group of companies in technology, construction and infrastructure with over 6000 employees.
The Business Unit Yachting is one of the largest electrical system integrators within the Dutch yacht building industry and is active at various shipyards such as Royal van Lent, Koninklijke De Vries Scheepsbouw, Oceanco and Royal Hakvoort. As a system integrator, we are present from start to finish installing and connecting the self-designed systems. This is for the energy supply to the yacht control and all conceivable technological experiences on board.
- We offer a 2-year traineeship;
- You get the chance to convert your potential into actual capacity, for yourself and for Eekels;
- You will work within the business unit Yachting in various departments (such as Sales, Work Preparation, Engineering, Project Management and Execution & Service), so that you gain insight into the possibilities within the business unit and to discover which role suits you well, for example as a technical specialist or as a manager;
- The order and duration of the assignments within the various departments may differ and depends on your personal development and ambition;
- In addition, much attention is paid to personal and substantive guidance and coaching.
- You are a technical talent and have a clear affinity with the maritime sector;
- You have a bachelor or master in the field of Electrical Engineering, possibly supplemented with subject-oriented courses;
- You have less than 2 years of work experience;
- You want to grow in a technical and innovative environment.
What we offer
We offer a challenging and varied position with career opportunities and good employment conditions (with future possiblities for an attractive profit-sharing regulation and tax benefits, the latter for the purchase of a fitness subscription and/or bicycle). You will work together with enthusiastic colleagues on a range of unique projects. We have an active employee association and encourage joint sporting and other activities outside of work.
If you come and work for us, your son or daughter may qualify for a scholarship from Stichting Studiefonds TBI. This foundation aims to contribute to the training, education and study of children of employees of the TBI businesses in the form of a gift.
If you would like more information about the content of the position, please contact Joris Volwater, Deputy Manager Engineering, on 06 – 504 155 61.
Jouw sollicitatie kan je per e-mail, voor 1 maart 2023, zenden aan: firstname.lastname@example.org or leave your contact details below.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.