Eekels Technology has been internationally active for over 110 years in the Marine & Offshore and Industry & Infra market segments. Eekels carries out projects and maintenance & service work in the disciplines of technical automation, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering. In total, Eekels realizes a turnover of more than 110 million euros with around 800 employees. In the Netherlands, Eekels has branches in Kolham (headquarters), Zaandam, Emmen, Gorinchem, Delfzijl and Joure. In addition, Eekels also has branches in Kleve (Germany) and Galati (Romania) and representative offices in China and Vietnam. Eekels is a company within the TBI group, a successful group of companies in technology, construction and infrastructure with over 6000 employees.
The Business Unit Yachting is one of the largest electrical system integrators within the Dutch yacht building industry and is active at various shipyards such as Royal van Lent, Koninklijke De Vries Scheepsbouw, Oceanco and Royal Hakvoort. As a system integrator, we are present from start to finish installing and connecting the self-designed systems. This is for the energy supply to the yacht control and all conceivable technological experiences on board.
As an Electrician you help build a specific yacht. You install cables and connect those systems based on cable lists, overview drawings and electrical diagrams. You also check the work of fellow electricians. We develop some of the more than 160 systems ourselves, including the main switchboards, lighting panels, Alarm Monitoring Control System and AV/IT systems. You will also participate in the commissioning of these various systems that will be installed on board. You then test whether everything works properly and solve any errors. The construction time of a yacht varies, but think of 1.5 to 3 years of completion time. This has to do with the size of the yacht.
- You have a secondary school education level 3 (MBO) in Electrical Engineering or equivalent;
- You have experience as an electrician, experience in yacht building is an advantage;
- You work with an eye for detail and quality;
- You can read technical drawings and diagrams, we work with Autocad and E-plan;
- You have good (oral and written) communication skills, which benefit the cooperation with all parties involved;
- You like to be aware of the latest technical/maritime developments;
- You are stress resistant because we have to deal with delivery times. So despite these deadlines, you ensure a pleasant atmosphere on board;
- Working safely and healthy comes naturally for you.
- Your permanent location is Makkum, in the future placement at another location is also possible.
What we offer
We offer a challenging and varied position with career opportunities and good employment conditions (with future possiblities for an attractive profit-sharing regulation and tax benefits, the latter for the purchase of a fitness subscription and/or bicycle). You will work together with enthusiastic colleagues on a range of unique projects. We have an active employee association and encourage joint sporting and other activities outside of work.
If you come and work for us, your son or daughter may qualify for a scholarship from Stichting Studiefonds TBI. This foundation aims to contribute to the training, education and study of children of employees of the TBI businesses in the form of a gift.
If you would like more information about the content of the position, you can contact Ted Janssen (Manager Project Office), who can be reached via 06 – 21 62 74 30 or send a Whatsapp.
Jouw sollicitatie kan je per e-mail, voor 1 maart 2023, zenden aan: email@example.com or leave your contact details below.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.