Calculator – Sales Support Engineer Yachting
Eekels Technology has been internationally active for over 110 years in the Marine & Offshore and Industry & Infra market segments. Eekels carries out projects and maintenance & service work in the disciplines of technical automation, electrical engineering and mechanical engineering. In total, Eekels realizes a turnover of more than 110 million euros with around 800 employees. In the Netherlands, Eekels has branches in Kolham (headquarters), Zaandam, Emmen, Gorinchem, Delfzijl and Joure. In addition, Eekels also has branches in Kleve (Germany) and Galati (Romania) and representative offices in China and Vietnam. Eekels is a company within the TBI group, a successful group of companies in technology, construction and infrastructure with over 6000 employees.
The Business Unit Yachting is one of the largest electrical system integrators within the Dutch yacht building industry and is active at various yards in the top segment of Dutch yacht building. As a system integrator, we are present from start to finish to design, install and commission all systems on board (own and third parties).
- You ensure the calculation of a reliable cost price substantiated in a complete quotation file;
- You are able, together with other departments (engineering, project management, purchasing) and the eXperience and Systems business units, to translate customer requirements into a preliminary design, which forms the basis for you to implement and compile the technical specification, a budget and a commercial proposal to the customer;
- You maintain contact with customers and discuss requests with the customer in order to be able to offer the most suitable quotation, on time and with the desired accuracy, technical content and price;
- After contract acquisition, you ensure the successful transfer of the sales file to the project team;
- You initiate improvement proposals (process improvement, standard calculations, calculation tools) that lead to an improvement of the quotation process.
- You have an MBO+ work and thinking level with an electrical engineering background, combined with several years of relevant experience in shipbuilding;
- You are systematic, assertive and you have strong analytical skills;
- You are flexible, stress resistant and customer and result oriented;
- You work independently and have (commercially oriented) communication skills;
- You have a good command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing;
- Sales experience is a plus, but not a must.
What we offer
We offer a challenging and varied position with development opportunities and good employment conditions (with future possiblities for an attractive profit-sharing regulation and tax benefits, the latter for the purchase of a fitness subscription and/or bicycle). You will work together with enthusiastic colleagues on a range of unique projects. We have an active employee association and encourage joint sporting and other activities outside of work.
If you come and work for us, your son or daughter may qualify for a scholarship from Stichting Studiefonds TBI. This foundation aims to contribute to the training, education and study of children of employees of the TBI businesses in the form of a gift.
If you would like more information about the content of the position, you can contact Stephan Kempen, Business Unit Manager Yachting, on 06 – 30 41 76 23.
Jouw sollicitatie kan je per e-mail, voor 1 maart 2023, zenden aan: email@example.com or leave your contact details below.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.